Centro de Investigaciones de Política Internacional
(Center for International Political Research)
Second Conference on Strategic Studies:
Geopolitical Transition of Global Power: between Cooperation and Conflict.
CIPI (Centro de Investigaciones de Política Internacional) announces the holding of the Second Conference on Strategic Studies, with the theme 'Geopolitical Transition of Global Power: between Cooperation and Conflict', to be held on 14-16 October, 2015 in Havana, Cuba. The key topics at the event will be:
- ü Economic, political, military, world and regional powers: convergences, divergences and conflicts. Tendencies and medium-term scenarios.
- ü Challenges of global, regional and national security within the context of a new geography of power.
- ü Changes in energy, technology, production and media patterns. Their implications for the restructuring of global power and their medium and long-term perspectives.
- ü Integration, cooperation and coordination: regional and inter-regional multidimensionality, heterogeneity, dynamics and projections.
- ü South-South and North-South relations. Regional and bilateral conflicts; disputes over natural resources and biodiversity; national and international implications of migration and migrant populations processes: challenges and threats.
- ü Pandemic, environment and poverty: challenges and threats for national and international stability.
Presentations will be restricted to 15 minutes, regardless of the length of the paper presented. The organizing committee will notify applicants promptly of its decision as to the acceptance of presentations. Speakers are requested to hand in a summary of the presentation as well as the full paper to be presented before September 14th.
The individual registration fee for foreign speakers and other foreign participants at the Second Conference on Strategic Studies, with the theme 'Geopolitical Transition of Global Power: between Cooperation and Conflict' is 150.00 Cuban convertible pesos (CUC); the corresponding fee for Cuban participants is 100.00 pesos (CUP). The rates for foreign and Cuban students, subject to providing documentary evidence of their student status, are CUC 60.00 and CUP 60.00 respectively. All fees are payable upon accreditation.
Conference participants may contact the Viajes CUBATUR travel agency for enquiries and reservations through Arlene Álvarez Rey, Calle 0, No.108, entre 1ra y 3ra Miramar, Havana, Cuba.
Tel: (537) 206 9808/09
Fax: (537) 206 9807
First and last names:_______________________________
Phone No.: _______________________________________
Paper title: ________________________________________
Second Conference on Strategic Studies, with the theme 'Geopolitical Transition of Global Power: between Cooperation and Conflict'
For further information contact the Organizing Committee:
Dr. Adalberto Ronda Varona, email@example.com,
Indira Barrios García, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel.: (537) 206 3098
Dr. Adalberto Ronda Varona
Chairman of the Organising Committee.
This is a true translation of the original
EQUIPO DE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCTORES E INTÉRPRETES