ANNOUNCEMENT PROCHILDHOOD 2017
The Revolutionary National Police General Division, the International Relations and Collaboration Division and the Minors Division of the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Cuba, with the sponsorship of UNICEF announce the “3rd. International Conference on Minors Protection” to be held at Palco Hotel, Havana, Cuba, from May 24th to 26th, 2017. It will gather professionals and technicians interested on the topic, aimed at promoting the exchange of experience.
This event is held every two years on a request and as a precedent there are the 1st. and 2nd. International Conferences, also celebrated in Havana. The most recent one, in 2014, with the participation of 54 foreign delegates from 21 countries (Angola, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Netherlands, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic and Venezuela), representing 20 UNICEF offices, and 96 Cuban delegates.
We hope that this international event will allow specialists and researchers to strengthen collaboration bonds and will give them the opportunity to, in their countries, actively foster the solution of problems related to minors’ protection, as well.
On its part, UNICEF Office in Havana will promote this event through its different offices in Latin American countries and the Caribbean region, and will send invitations to important specialists internationally known in this field.
The Scientific Program of this Event will be developed in plenary sessions with presentations, debate panels and working groups. In addition to that, visits to Specialized Centers and Pre-Congress Course will be organized.
The main focal point of this meeting will be:
- Legal framework. Legal support for minors’ protection. Convention of the Child Rights.
- Protection systems to childhood and adolescence. Models applied.
- Girls, boys and adolescences in penal law conflicts. Educational Models in their treatment.
- Prevention and Protective environments for childhood and adolescence, role of the family, the school and the community.
- Good practice in the protection of girls, boys and adolescences victims of offenses. Prevention and enforcement of minors’ sexual abuse.
- Attention to girls, boys and adolescences from the mental health care point of view. Role of Psychology in the treatment.
- Minors´ protection in the context of communications and the new technologies.
- Prevention of violence and addictions in kids and adolescences, protective environment.
- Strategy of training for specialists who take care of girls, boys and adolescences.